others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Monday, January 14, 2008

I didn't do nothing

Our eyes meet across the street
He checks me out from head to feet
Of course I’m looking at him too
He looks simply too good to be true

That bronze like skin
That chiseled chin
Those amazing eyes
The colour of the skies


He gives me a half smile
Brimming with naughty vibes

I don’t smile just pout with my lips
Bat my lashes give my hair a flip

Another look into his eyes
Tells me he is all mine

Just then the girl
Standing beside
Nudges his elbow
And gives me the evil eye

She drags him away
He keeps turning back
She thinks, ”What does she
Have That I lack?”

There is nothing wrong with you darling
I think it’s just me
I was just flirting around
Didn’t you see?

Don’t worry about it
Don’t give it another thought
You can’t really help it
if your boyfriend thinks I’m hot

2 comments:

supernova said...

woah... its nice wen sum 1 makes sheep eyes at you. u re a typical sagi lyk me xcept dat im nt as flirty as i used ta b.

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

lol yeha
and vinodhini , i know why you arent flirting as much as you were in dubai
CUZ THERE IS A HUGEEEE SCARCITY OF CUTE +NICE guys around here !