others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

for love's sake only

If you do ever fall in love with me
Fall in love for love's sake only
Love me because you can't do anything but
Let the problem,cause and solution be love
love me like you breathe, naturally
love me because it feels right
Don't love me 'for' or 'beacuse' of something
Love me beacuse you love me

Don't love me bacause I sing sweetly
For this voice I may lose
Don't love me beacuse I'm pretty
For that chapter may close
Don't love me beacuse I'm independent
for one day I might depend on you
Don't love me because I know you
For one day I might forget that too
Don't love me because you can comfort me
For one day I may grow strong
Don't love me because i do whats is right
For one day I may go wrong
Don't love me because of the way I think
for I often lose my mind
Don't love me because we're similar
For I might take a diffreent path and not mind
Don't love me because I'm different
because there may be others my kind

Love me not for what I am but despite it
Love me not for what I have but whats left after it

Love me because you love me
And because of love only
Love me for love,my love
for that is the way I love you...

6 comments:

Manasa said...

Awwww, really really adorable poem. Yeah ADORABLE. Lol. I swear whichever guy that lucky guy is, hes going to fall head over heels just for this poem, no love and all :P

Nithya said...

hmm..then I should probably change it to..for poetry sake..coming to think about it..that would't be too bad either huh?...but then remember our "never fall in love with guys who write poetry" policy?..lol..what if guys have something like that too?

RR said...

Brilliant.

Nithya said...

thank you so much ^^ why the anonymity ?

Tharwah nuseirah said...

Very nicely written.
*Likes*
:) x

indi said...

I can relate to this poem, somehow.