others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Thursday, July 8, 2010

is it?

When I am happy with what I am
Am I happily satiated ?
or just plain complacent?

When I love people despite being hated in return
Is my love unconditional?
or am I just being stupid?

When I am pretending to be happy
Is it better than being sad?
or am I just being fake?

When certain things don't bother me
Is that being mature
or am I being indifferent?

When sometimes I just don't care
Am I being strong
or is it just insensitivity?

When I pour my soul out in a poem
Is it being expressive?
Or am I wearing my heart on my sleeve?

3 comments:

indi said...

It is how you want to perceive it. A decision, sort of. Well put. I like it.

kappameencurry said...

decision decisions decisions... the inner voice of life is so full of them and yet mysteriously absent when it comes to deciding

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

What we decide out of these minimal choices, leads us on to different paths..and distinguishes us to..