others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Thursday, February 23, 2012

there is a reason your name means trust

you are still my sunshine
you still fill the dark corners of my life
somehow with your undying optimism
you manage to infiltrate the thicket of indifference
somehow you manage to make me smile
somehow you make me feel alive
you pull me back down to earth
and raise me so that I can feel again
Somehow this world never pulls you down
in its emptiness how do you never drown
There is so much i want to learn from you
you walk through storms like its just breeze
you are like my self help book minus the rubbish
you are like a sermon minus the preaching
you are like me minus the negativity
there is not one day that i regret letting you go
because somewhere along the way I found you
somewhere around the way I found myself
I finally see the things in me
that you said you could see
Finally I see the world the way
you said it would be


3 comments:

kappameencurry said...

Love it! it inspires

Meewa said...

Lovely :) Great to stumble over your blog. Will be a regular now :) Keep writing!

Juhi said...

Happy Birthday Abin :) You are all those things so beautifully described. I hope you always spread the fragrance of your thoughts wherever you go. And Nithya, I love this so much more than I thought I would and that means a lot since I always expect your writing to be beautiful :)