others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Teaching , learning and everything in between

I have been teaching
I have been learning to teach
Learning that teaching is the best thing you can do
Learning that is it the worst
Learning that nothing can really be taught
And yet everything needs to be learnt

Learning that the seeds I plant
will on day be a tree
learning that things I choose to teach
are the things that make me really me 

Learning that teaching is more heart
and not so much the mind
And what you teach will not matter
Until you teach them to be kind

Learning that questioning everything 
is the most important thing that you'll teach
And you are not really a teacher at all
If you don't practice what you preach


No comments: