others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Monday, May 30, 2011

away

I've been away for a while now

I've been thinking about not thinking
and feeling about not feeling
I have been getting attached
over not getting attached
I have been writing about
not writing anything at all
And talking about
not having anything to talk about
I have been loving
for the fear of never feeling love
And fearing love
for the love of never fearing again
I have been alone
for the fear of getting lonely
I have been reading
about not being able to read anymore
And I have been singing
about losing my voice
I have been listening to music
for the fear of losing my soul
I have been dancing
because I have never really danced before

I've been away for a while
and whining about needing a vacation

5 comments:

Nrithya said...

Very nice. The first line reminds me a line from Come Undone by Robbie Williams. But nice... :) I'd love to know the story behind this, if there is one. Talk soon?

Nithya said...

Isn't there always?..yes will tell you story behind when we do our conversation over coffee thing..a bit overdue don't you think?
The first line also reminds me of the first line on 'bubby'-colbie caillat..realized it only after I wrote it..

kappameencurry said...

...and we have the stirring of another song. damn you're good!!

Nithya said...

lol..really?..Thanks yo :)

Nrithya said...

I just saw your reply. I meant the line after the first line. The first one is like Bubbly only. :D Oops. And yes, let's meet and talk and suchlike.