others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Monday, June 13, 2011

this and that

my vacuum cleaner needs dusting
my teacher needs to be taught

someone tell my watch the time
someone tell my poetry whats rhyme

my torch needs some light
my eraser has too many marks

someone teach my phone to make calls
someone teach the builder to build walls

my glasses cannot be found
my camera needs some perspective

someone teach my friends to be friendly
someone teach my teddy bear to be cuddly

No comments: