others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Saturday, October 18, 2008

frozen..numb

You are just next to me
And yet you are a million miles away
You could once read my mind
Now you don’t get me even if I speak things aloud

Was the past an illusion
Or is the present an exaggeration
Can understanding be pretence?

I don’t know anymore
I don’t feel guilty
Nor am I sorry

Tears don’t flow anymore
They just freeze in my heart
Then the form icicles
And cut my heart open
Even then I don’t cry
I only bleed. Quietly I bleed
Slowly but steadily
Till all my life is drained out

I feel lighter
When I keep things to myself
Sharing suddenly
Becomes
,,,,an obligation
..a burden. a suffering

Why can you suddenly not decipher me?
Have I changed or have you?
An I expecting too much or are you giving too less?
Do we know each other? Did we ever?

I don’t know. I don’t even want to
I don’t fit in. and I don’t want to
I’m not going to try
The effort is not worth it anymore

This is no blame game
And I choose not to take names

I am numb. But I will revive
I’m almost dead but I will survive

You have nipped the bud before it could bloom
But there are other seeds. Dormant but existing

And they will grow when nurtured
Someone will nurture them
I don’t know who
All I know is that
It won’t be you

1 comment:

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

I liked the line -I’m almost dead but I will survive. Nice flow of words..keep 'em coming.