others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Saturday, October 18, 2008

painfully romantic

Looking beyond the obvious, people usually hate the rain for the same reasons that others love it...

it is pouring outside, little drops of rain
They rhythmically dance down roofs
Millions of gentle drops fall angrily on the ground
They hang reluctantly back on leaves
Forming tiny, gorgeous iridescent bubbles

in such poetic whether
i want to
walk with you
you to hold my hand
not loose enough to be cold
Nor tight enough to be fierce
Jus the right grip……

I want you to
Walk step in step with me
Neither ahead
Not behind
Just by my side. Always by my side
Our hearts and steps in perfect sync

I want us to
Have a soulful conversation
With nothing but our eyes

I know that just your presence
Will give me all the hope in the world
And just your warm breathe on me
Will bring my cold existence to life

I put my head on your shoulder
I forget the world around
I’d trust you with my life…my world

I want us to just stay that way
Just you, me, love and the rain for company

2 comments:

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

ahhh, cute poem. Hope it happens to all of us someday. someday....!

Juhi said...

I loved this 1! Took me to a place far far far away.. across a sea, If u know what I mean ;)