others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Friday, December 7, 2007

a poem on a tissue

i am still waitng
for a sign..a phonecall..a message
to show you still care
wondering if you meant it
when you said that you'll be there
i wasn't going to talk to you at all
but then i changed my mind
because the truth i wanted to know
and the reason i deserve to find
when you asked my to love myself
was it because you didn't?
when you asked me to keep in touch
did it mean you wouldn't?
a relationship works both ways
and that is how it should too
when i gave all the love up to you
don't i desserve some in return from you?

you thought me to be kind
you taught me to be smart
but an important thing you didn't teach
was how to deal with a broken heart

do you even know what this is about?
or should i once again scream and shout?
do you know why iam so sad
and how hard i'm trying not to be mad?
I'm forcing myself to be rational
trying hard to be wise
trying not to lose my cool
i'm trying to break the ice

everytime i fill up with fury inside
i try to find an excuse..i try to think
"there has to be an explanation"
but then i change my mind

i think i've said enough
these tissues say it all
how it hurt deep inside
when you failed to call...

2 comments:

supernova said...

geezzzzzzzz i can relate to how u might've felt at that juncture.

a piece simple yet so forthright ..........
wot u've ritten is frm ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. bt i haven't - i've only fathomed de emotions of it nodin else

xoxo
vino

Shwe said...

beautiful da..............i can really feel it while am readin the poem............too good!!!!
shwe