others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Friday, December 7, 2007

troubles

What I was promised
I haven’t got
I am forced to learn
What I wasn’t taught
I am willing to work hard
But that’s not enough
What used to be easy
Now seems so tough
I slog till my brain goes numb
Supposed to feel smarter
I still feel so dumb
I try to be positive
I promise to try
But whatever I do
I can’t help but cry
I was prepared for bad
I was prepared for worse
But I have landed upon
Is surely a curse
Whatever I do
However much I do
A drop is all I knowThere is still an ocean to go

No comments: