others may have wine, i have poetry

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute.

We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Dead Poet's Society

Friday, December 7, 2007

struggles

A plunge into my soul
Scares me
A probe into my heart
Despairs me
An observation of my mind
Makes me weak inside
Who is this person?
What have I become?
What have I done?
What will be the outcome?

These feelings and thoughts
These phrases and words
All so overwhelming and so absurd
So much to do and yet I am idle
My whole life seems a question.
A puzzle. A riddle?

What seems important is not
What is supposed to be cold is hot
I am muddled when I am supposed to be clear
I am there when I am supposed to be here


Forces, emotions. All around
I feel lost. Totally unwound

So much praise. So much criticism
I get answers to questions I never asked
Unwillingly I am being pulled into my past

I struggle to break free
The harder I try
The deeper I am pulled
Deep and deeperTill I can’t separate me from my life

1 comment:

Shwe said...

simply luv it................awesome!!!!!!!!